Workshop hip hop "JE suis TOI"
Breakdance with Valentine Nagata-Ramos and receive free tickets to Uzumaki's hip hop show
On the way to Ho Chi Minh City are French hip hop dance group Uzumaki. In co-operation with the French Institute in Vietnam, DanCenter have organized workshops guided choreographer Valentine Nagata-Ramos specializing in breakdance.
5 groups of 2 to 3 members will be selected to participate in the workshops, with chosen groups getting the opportunity to discover and practice "JE suis TOI", a composition by Valentine Nagata-Ramos. Then, perform it in public, at the beginning of the official Uzumaki show on June 9 in Ho Chi Minh City.
About Valentine Nagata-Ramos
Valentine Nagata-Ramos aka 'B.girl Val' has won many awards in domestic and international competition. She has also been the judge of famous hip-hop competitions and a member of Compagnie Par Terre - Anne Nguyen. In 2011, she founded "Uzumaki".
1. A workshop for all professional or amateur breakdancers living in Vietnam with a solid concept of breakdancing.
2. Workshop schedule:
++ 2/6: 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
++ 3/6: 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
++ 5/6: 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
++ 6/6: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Official performance: 9/6: 3 pm - 9:30 pm
3. How to join: Each group (2 to 3 members) films a clip of themselves. The performance should be based on optional music, irrespective of dance technique. Shadow is the mandatory theme that all groups must adhere to. The performance should demonstrate contrast and technique. Clips must be high resolution and last 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Candidates need to send a link to this registration form before 11:59 PM on 20th May.
5. Candidates will receive a response by May 22.
6. Valentine Nagata-Ramos will be the sole judge.
Note: If selected to perform, each group (with 2 to 3 members) will receive 1,500,000 VND and 1 ticket/ person for the hip hop dance performance the following evening on 10th June at HCMC Theater.
Saturday, 20th May 2017 | From 7 PM
53 Nguyen Dang Giai, Thao Dien Ward, D.2, HCMC
TOP EVENTS IN HCMC
MONDAY, 23 OCTOBER, 2017
events • 23 Oct, 2017